The Michigan Family to Family Health Information Center (F2F HIC) is offering the Care Coordination: Empowering Families training in Detroit, Michigan on March 28th, 2014 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This training is open to any parent (birth, foster, adoptive, or kinship) or legal guardian of a child or youth (birth-26) who has special health care needs.
The purpose of the training is to help parents learn:
· How to identify a medical home
· Techniques to organize information and find reliable resources
· How to navigate health care and insurance systems
· Skills to increase communication and coordination between multiple providers
· How to plan early for child’s transition
· Ideas for coping with stress and finding support
· Advocacy skills
Participants who attend the full day and complete the evaluation will receive a $150 gift card to offset time and childcare costs.
Parents must pre-register to attend (registration link is below) and childcare is not available on site.
If you have any questions, please contact MI F2F HIC Parent Coordinator, Kristen Hawkins at 517.324.7396 or email@example.com